Pitches are now being accepted for the Spring 2021 Issue!
We are a vegan lifestyle and culture magazine that publishes well-written opinion pieces, expert advice, tested recipes, and stories that are relevant to the vegan lifestyle that showcase it in a positive way.
Recommended topics: (Not to be used for business or product promotion)
• Beauty and Fashion
• Health, Fitness and Nutrition
• Human interest stories
Please read the following information carefully. Submissions that have not taken all of the following points into consideration will not be responded to.
Contributing IS NOT for the purpose of advertising your business, product or service, or those you wish to promote in a similar fashion. Please visit our Advertising page for this purpose.
In respect of our paid advertisers we cannot accept any writings that endorse a product or reads like a publicity post. Articles must be relatable to a wider audience – this means an article would not air personal business or read as highly self promotional.
Non-vegan content or links to online pages displaying non-vegan content will not be accepted.
- Contributors are not employees or representatives of Canadian Vegan Magazine, we will decline contributors who use the Canadian Vegan Magazine affiliation to obtain access to events, people or products.
- Canadian Vegan Magazine retains the right to change headlines and edit articles or refuse content as determined by our content editors. For example: Social media accounts and or businesses that have posted images of animal products of any kind will not be mentioned in the magazine as these types of items do not align with our goal of promoting a cruelty-free lifestyle.
- IMPORTANT: Articles must be unique to Canadian Vegan Magazine and not have been published elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or slated for distribution on other sites. If stating facts and figures, be sure to include citations and hyperlinks. We do not accept promotional or sponsored content.
The types of articles that are subject to decline include:
- Articles that are poorly written or do not meet our publishing standards,
- Anything that airs personal business which won’t be of relevance to wider readers,
- Articles that endorses a product or reads like a publicity post.
- We retain the right decline submissions that fall below our quality
- We will not publish anything that is hateful, false, plagiarized or potentially libellous.
• Photographs should be 1 MB or larger (Low resolution photos taken with smartphones or sourced from online/social media will not be accepted)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting content to us, you are an independent contractor looking to have work published in our magazine, and not an employee of Canadian Vegan Magazine.
You agree that you are not entitled to, and don’t expect any wages or compensation for the content that you submit unless an agreement has been made in writing with Canadian Vegan Magazine for the purpose of hiring a professional writer on a per piece basis.